The loss of independence can be quite upsetting for most seniors, however in a Board and Care setting, a person can get the assistance they need in an environment that most closely resembles their own home. Board and Care or Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE), also known as Boarding Homes, Group Homes and Micro-Communities, are typically in private homes located mostly in residential neighborhoods. Living with several other peers can also afford residents a sense of family and more opportunities for social interaction, as opposed to in-home care.
- Preparing meals
- Grooming & Bathing
- Medication Management
However, this type of residential care home is much smaller, usually limited to six residents. Families can rest assured that no matter what time of day, a caregiver will be available to assist their loved one.
With hundreds of Board and Care homes to choose from it can be overwhelming. Since the quality of homes and the care provided can vary greatly, you can save much time and stress by calling one of our professional and knowledgeable placement specialists.
Care Placement is a local service, and we have knowledge of each home in the area. We use this knowledge to help pick the right fit for your loved one while ensuring that the quality of care they receive is not compromised. Our referral services are always free for families, so please call us today at 619-660-8814.
For More Information on Board and Care…
- Options For Assisted Living In San DiegoAs people age, they often need daily help and eldercare is often something that many families need. If you are searching for eldercare or assisted living in San Diego, you Read More
- Board And Care In Newport Beach: Is It Your Best Option?Board and care homes in Newport Beach are eldercare facilities that usually provide the elderly with similar services that you usually find at larger assisted living communities. The difference, however, Read More
- What To Expect From Board And Care In TustinAre you contemplating board and care in Tustin for your senior loved one? Indeed, having professional caregivers take care of an aging loved one makes it easier for everyone. You Read More
- Board & Care in Fullerton: Is It Your Best Option?If you are considering the board and care option for a loved one, you may have many questions. One of your biggest concerns might be whether or not board and Read More
- Board & Care in Irvine: Your Memory Care OptionsAre you looking for board and care in Irvine for a loved one with dementia? Getting an assisted living facility that can adequately care for seniors with dementia is tricky. Read More
- 4 Mistakes People Make When Searching For Board And CareWhen looking for board and care in, you could overlook some issues that may lead to paying higher than you budgeted or having inadequate care for your loved one. Board Read More