Choosing the right home for a loved one is a challenge. Simply understanding the different levels of senior care can be overwhelming! We are here to help. Check out our descriptions of different facility types.
Or if you know just what you’re looking for, try our home search. We have detailed information on over 3,000 care providers.
Board & Care / Residential
In a Board and Care setting, a person can get the assistance they need in an environment that most closely resembles their own home. Board and Care or Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly are typically in private homes located in residential neighborhoods.
Read more about Board & Care Residential Facilities.
If you do not require the comprehensive medical services of a nursing home but need more custodial or personal care than can be provided at a retirement community or with In-Home care, an Assisted Living Facility could be right for you. Assisted Living facilities provide support services for senior’s who have some difficulty with activities of daily living such as moving around, getting dressed, showering, and getting to the doctor, but who also want to maintain a certain level of independence.
Read more about Assisted Living Communities.
Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care
As a person ages, a certain amount of memory loss and confusion is quite normal. Most Board and Care and Assisted Living Facilities are willing and capable to handle this aspect of a senior’s aging process. If, however, a senior becomes increasingly disoriented, perhaps even occasionally wandering away, he/she may require a facility with a Dementia Waiver. This is an additional level of licensing where the Administrators and staff would have appropriate training.
Read more about Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care.
Nursing Homes are state licensed facilities with registered nurses that provide skilled nursing care for persons who need moderate to severe medical services. Most nursing homes offer both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care.
Read more about Skilled Nursing Facilities.
The State of California has 6 Veterans homes with two future homes on the way, and is still listed as one of two states in “Great Need” for additional veterans homes.
Read more about Veterans Homes.
Fill out our free assessment, and a local senior care advisor will contact you and walk you through the process.
For More Information on Levels of Senior Care…
- Options For Assisted Living In San DiegoAs people age, they often need daily help and eldercare is often something that many families need. If you are searching for eldercare or assisted living in San Diego, you Read More
- 3 Tips For Families Searching For Assisted Living In San ClementeWhen looking for a facility for assisted living in San Clemente, your family is bound to have a number of questions and concerns as you ponder the different pros and Read More
- Assisted Living Aliso Viejo: Different Levels Of CareWhen you or a loved one reaches a point where you need a bit of help from day to day, you might start searching for a facility for assisted living Read More
- Different Levels Of Independent LivingThere may come a time when you, a parent or an aging loved one no longer feels comfortable living in your home but is not yet ready or does not Read More
- Reasons Why You Might Prefer Board & CareThere are many eldercare options, including different types of assisted living facilities, in-home care giving and skilled nursing facilities. For some older adults, a board and care home might be Read More
- The Journey of Eldercare Placement – Board & CareMany going through the process of placing a loved one for the first time have no idea what to expect upon touring Board & Care homes or Assisted Living Communities. Read More